Last week I rewrote the script that optimizes our link resolver (360Link Reset). The original script was a bit of a Frankenstein, and was hard to customize for other libraries. I made the code a lot faster and less reliant on the jQuery library, and added a bunch of configuration features to make it easier for other libraries to quickly install and customize the script. I also improved the handling of the citation, so that missing elements won’t create phantom punctuation marks.
Here at GVSU you’ll notice that the question mark icon after the database names has been replaced by a link called “Details.” I redesigned the tooltip that give users access to dates of coverage and browse journal links. Otherwise not much else has changed. The code is just a lot cleaner and faster.
If you’re interested, the code for this tool is available for free online on our Github page.