Here are a few updates on services for today:
- The feed we’re getting that shows us which computers are being used still doesn’t count the Macintosh computers. We’re working with IT to get those added.
- Public computers on the Atrium level are also not being counted yet. We’re working with Institutional Marketing to get those added.
- Computers in the Learning Labs are also not being counted. We left those out because there is no way for us to know at this time if the Learning Lab is being used for a class, since the rooms are booked in Outlook. I’ve added a note to let folks know that they might be able to use computers there while we work on a solution for this.
Note below the computer availability map.
Room Reservation Website
- IT is working on the Room Reservation software and hopes to have it ready in the next week. We have to do some setup of our rooms in the room scheduling software EMS before things are working properly on our end, but the site is online for you to test: http://wwwtest.gvsu.edu/reserve. A few things to note:
- Appointments can only be booked for 1 hour at a time. If a patron wants a room for 4 hours, they need to make 4 appointments.
- Appointments can only be booked 2 weeks in advance.
- Patron names will be added to the schedule so that we know who has a room. These will display on the Room Wizards outside each room.
- Only Mary I has been added at this time. We’ll get the Steelcase rooms in soon.