Yesterday I made some changes to the way the 856 field links appeared in the catalog. Ben pointed out to me that journal records often have a lot of 856 links, so the page ended up looking like a stack of blue bricks scrolling on forever! I changed the styles a bit and made the first link the blue block, and then made the rest of the links appear to be a list underneath, sort of how the link resolver results are styled. Since Jeff’s team ranks the database links in the OPAC, this made perfect sense. The first link probably is the best!
Here’s the new catalog record page for journals, with multiple 856 links: