Today I removed the real-time technology lending screen from the website. The only way we had to get that data was to load the records in the catalog and scrape the data off the page, then display it in the table for users. This was slow and prone to break, and recently it has broken so often that I can’t keep up with fixing it. After Patrick and I checked the usage, we noticed that the page had only been viewed 120 times this year. That includes, of course, all the times I loaded it while testing. (For reference, there have been over 250,000 pageviews of other pages that aren’t search tools, so real-time technology availability is about 0.048% of all visits.)
Hopefully Sierra will fix their software enough for us to actually make use of the API to get data out of the system, but in the meantime, we’ll just have to check the Sierra records in staff view for current iPad and laptop availability.